Your reporter has gone north in pursuit of snow. Having found it, I have been surfing the hills of New Hampshire for six days and have been lax in my newsly duties, for which I apologize (sorry not sorry).
Stay tuned for an exclusive look inside the ice castle that is Princess Elsa’s School for Turning Superheroes into Snowflakes (the girls’ section of the divided lower elementary school) – video coming if/when all this heavenly powder stops piling up on the mountains.
In the meantime, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow bloggers who have nominated me for awards! Nobody likes a long-winded blog post so I’ll keep it as short and sweet as possible.
(1/3): The Blog-a-holic Award
I was nominated by Ket at CynicalSouls, a slice-of-life writer and a musician, to boot – give him a shout! If you’re one of my nominees, rules for accepting the award and paying it forward can be found on the Recipe Hunter’s “About” page. In brief, I’m about to hit you with links to three of my best posts, three fun facts about myself, and three nominations for the award.
- I love music and sing constantly – while driving, while showering, even while snowboarding, if conditions are smooth enough – but I HATE karaoke.
- In the past year, my hair has been crimson (accidentally), copper, pink, purple, blue, and even (once again accidentally, and VERY briefly) turquoise.
- I’ve dealt with shades of anxiety and depression for a long time, but both reached something of a peak this year. OK, that’s not a “fun” fact, but it’s a big part of my identity right now. My coping mechanisms are snowboarding, OneWheeling, and concert therapy.
- Welcome to Skaamoog – if you like Fauxhasset, you’ll love Skaamoog! It’s a quirky, absurd small town, minus a few aliens but plus a few very salient (and silly) cultural commentaries.
- English-Language Thoughts – As he picks up English as a second language, Niall hilariously calls us out on all the bizarrities of the speech so many of us take for granted.
- Tabula Candida – This history teacher started out drawing silly pictures on her whiteboard in class and it evolved into this funny yet poignant collection.
(2+3/3): The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you to the TWO kind folks who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award: Yashovardhan, a self-described “gamer, photographer and a serious tech enthusiast,” and Literary Panda, a truly versatile blogger whose content runs the gamut from advice and book recommendations to debates to art and even tea!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15(+ or -) other bloggers.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nominations.
In the interest of brevity, my seven “facts” are going to be seven things I either love or hate, but I’m not going to tell you which is which. Take a guess in the comments!
- Twenty One Pilots
- French fries
Nominees: Once again in the interest of brevity, and in the interest of having anyone actually click on any of these links, I’m only doing two nominations, one in honor of each of the people who nominated me.
- The Bathroom Monologues – John Wiswell is a genius and a goddamn inspiration. Brilliant and bizarre short fiction interspersed with reviews of books, video games, and general culture.
- The Album – food, films, and funny stuff from a fellow Bostonian, updated often.